Women in Construction: Pine & Poplar Case Study and Tour
Time & Location
About The Event
PROJECT DESCRIPTION :
The Wine Feed Durham location (and the Pine and Poplar event space) is a 5,944 SF retail, kitchen, bar and event space fitup in downtown Durham. The original space was a shell warehouse, and the end product is an upscale wine retail store, featuring a tasting bar, kitchen, and event space.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES :
- Understand several challenges faced during a renovation project.
- Identify key factors determining how the systems installed were chosen and specified.
- Better understand the construction process in Durham county.
- Identify different key approaches to problem solving resulting in a better end product
- Shelley McPhatter – Bridgepoint
- Louise Phipps – Bridgepoint
- Maggie McGraw - JDavis
- Phillip Zucchino and Phillip Rubin – Owners
- Jessika Douglas – RDK, an NV5 Company (Moderator)
PARKING AND MEETING INFORMATION:
- The Wine Feed is directly next to the Venable Center and with a parking deck across the street. Guests are allowed to park at Bull City Cider's parking lot as well as several street parking options in the nearby vicinity.
- The bar will be open beforehand for those who wish to arrive early to beat traffic.
- We will be conducting a raffle for a chance to win a $50 gift card, proceeds will go towards our scholarship funds. Ticket cost: $1 per ticket, $5 for 6 Tickets and $10 for 14 tickets. Please remember to bring cash or check; credit cards are also accepted.
- NON CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$35$350$0
- CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$0$00$0