Smoky Hollow Mixed-Use Development
Time & Location
About The Event
Please join us for our February program where our guest speakers, Fleming Herring from Clancy & Theys and Drew Yates from Kane Realty, they will present and discuss the design and construction process of this downtown mixed-use development. The Smoky Hollow development consists of three sub-projects being developed concurrently by the same general contractor and owner, though designed by three different architect firms.
- To understand the development vision of a mixed-use project as three separate projects developed simultaneously - residential and grocery, commercial and retail, and residential and retail.
- To understand the benefits of general contractor involvement, partnering, up front both with owner and separate architects, with respect to optimizing design intent and budget goals with constructability.
- To understand the construction challenges of building three separate multi-use projects concurrently and adjacent to one another on the same site.
- To understand best practices for design and development of multi-use projects.
Credits can be used for CDT certification renewal or AIA credit!
Fleming Herring, Project Executive | Clancy & Theys Construction Company
Drew Yates, Development Associate | Kane Realty Corporation
- CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $35
- Student Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $15
- Credit Card during Registration
- Cash, Check or Credit Card at the Door
Parking and Meeting Information:
- Parking is free at the NC State University Alumni Center
Please contact Robert Field if you have any general questions about the event or registration.
- CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$0$00$0
- NON CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$35$350$0