Tue, Sep 25|
North Carolina State University Club
Safe Schools - Designing for Secure Learning Environments
This program will address the strong need to make our schools safer and more secure through better design. Brent Emery of Allegion will introduce the participants to PASS, the Partner Alliance for Safer Schools, and delve into the concept of layered security.
Time & Location
Sep 25, 2018, 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
North Carolina State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
About The Event
Please join us for our September 25th Dinner program, where we will address the strong need to make our schools safer and more secure through better design. Brent Emery of Allegion will introduce the participants to PASS, the Partner Alliance for Safer Schools, and delve into the concept of layered security. Brent will also address the issues surrounding barricade devices, and discuss various tools that can be used to help create safer learning environments for our children.
- Learn what the Partner Alliance for Safer Schools (PASS) is all about, and who is participating.
- Be able to site various relevant portions of NFPA 3000 and how they can be applied to schools.
- Understand what barricade devices are and how they pose a threat to life safety.
- Gain new knowledge of several tools that can be used to help design better learning environments.
Brent W. Emery-Allegion PLC: Sales & Security Consultant For The Vertical Markets of Healthcare; K-12 Education; Higher Education & Gov't
- Brent has been representing Allegion for 11 years. Brent’s first 9 years were in the Chicago market prior to coming to South Carolina in 2016.
- Brent is a veteran of the U.S. Army serving ’88-’96. He graduated from Northern Illinois University-College of Business with an emphasis in marketing in 1994. Brent’s first job out of college was with Georgia Pacific Corporation in Chicago, transferring with them to Dallas & Denver before moving back to Chicago with Benjamin Moore & Co in 1997.
- Brent covers the state of South Carolina’s K-12 and Higher Ed Markets. He is active w/in Allegion sharing field knowledge & discussion points with Allegion’s Director for the Secure Schools Alliance & Partner Alliance for Safer Schools. Brent champions the Carolinas annual factory training schedule including twelve events this year.
- Brent resides in Lexington, SC. Brent & his wife Renee have been married 20 yrs. They have three sons, Benjamin-USC-Pharmacy, Samuel-11th grade & Nolan 9th grade which attend River Bluff High School. Brent enjoys any aspect of the great outdoors with his family including hiking, beach time, golf & just making his lawn look great.
- CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $35
- Student Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $15
- Credit Card during Registration
- Cash, Check or Credit Card at the Door
Please contact Rosanna Sanchez if you have any general questions about the event or registration.
CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER
Select if currently a member of the Raleigh Durham Chapter of CSI$0.00
NON CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER
Select if not currently a member of the Raleigh Durham Chapter of CSI$35.00
Select if you are currently attending a school nearby.$15.00