Tue, Oct 23|
Raleigh Union Station
Raleigh Union Station Tour and Program
Please join us for our October program, where we will tour the newly opened Raleigh Union Station. Mr. Schuster, a founding principal of Clearscapes, a multi-disciplinary art and architecture firm in downtown Raleigh will be our presenter and tour guide for the evening.
Time & Location
Oct 23, 2018, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Raleigh Union Station, 510 W Martin St, Raleigh, NC 27601, USA
About The Event
Please join us for our October program, where we will tour the newly opened Raleigh Union Station. Mr. Schuster, a founding pricipal of Clearscapes, a multi-disciplinary art and architecture firm in downtown Raleigh will be our presenter and tour guide for the evening.
- Comprehend the techniques used to seek input and reach consensus on the overall project’s goals with the various stakeholders of the project.
- Understand how conflicting criteria was addressed with the five independent railroads to establish the project’s program.
- Appreciate the challenges of the unique urban site, including active freight lines that surrounded the site and serious environmental issues.
- Learn about the feedback generated by this now completed project – both positive and negative – and the lessons learned for future projects.
Mr. Schuster is a founding principal of Clearscapes, a multi-disciplinary art and architecture firm in downtown Raleigh. A significant focus of Clearscapes' work has been the revitalization of important historic structures, along with museums, visual and performing art centers, libraries, and, recently, transportation facilities. Notable projects include the Raleigh Convention Center, Marbles Kids Museum and IMAX Theater, the Contemporary Art Museum – Raleigh, and the Raleigh Union Station. Under Steve's guidance, Clearscapes has won over 90 local, regional, and national design awards and has been featured in over 100 publications. He has served on the National Board of the American Institute of Architects, the National Board of Advisors of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, has Chaired The Raleigh Planning Commission and the Raleigh Historic Development Commission, and is currently a Professor of Practice at the College of Design – NC State University
- CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $35
- Student Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $15
- Credit Card during Registration
- Cash, Check or Credit Card at the Door
Parking and Meeting Information:
- Parking is available in the immediate area
- Please meet in the lobby of the train station to start the tour at 6:00 PM
- Dinner will be held after the tour on the third floor of the Union Station
Please contact Rosanna Sanchez if you have any general questions about the event or registration.
- Ticket type
CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER
Select if currently a member of the Raleigh Durham Chapter of CSIPrice$0.00
- Ticket type
NON CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER
Select if not currently a member of the Raleigh Durham Chapter of CSIPrice$35.00
- Ticket type
Select if you are currently attending a school nearby.Price$15.00