Tue, Feb 19|
North Carolina State University Club
Professional Construction Estimators Association Program
Please join us for our February program, a construction project estimation process presentation by Adam Blalock with Blair Duron Restoration.
Time & Location
Feb 19, 2019, 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
North Carolina State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
About The Event
Please join us for our February program where our guest speaker, Adam Blalock with Blair Duron Restoration, will present and discuss their construction project estimation process.
- Understand the impacts that construction specifications have on the estimating process.
- Understand how concise and clear specifications impact construction quality.
- Understand how complete specifications appropriate to the scope of project in order to reduce estimating uncertainty and impact delivered project.
- Understand how complete and clear construction specifications benefit the estimating process.
Adam Blalock, Blair Duron Restoration - Estimator – Project Manager
Adam Blalock graduated from West Virginia University in 2006 with a bachelors degree in Multidisciplinary Studies. He is the first VP and President Elect of the Professional Construction Estimator Association. Adam has been a member since 2015 and last year we had a presentation about the CSI Master Format. It sparked massive debate among the members and was one of the best topics discussed yet. Adam grew up in the paving industry at Blalock Paving, a family owned business and learned estimating at an early age and carried it with him in his future endeavors. Adam started Carolina Coating Technologies in 2009 were they did everything from spraying truck bed liners to epoxy coating residential garages. This experience lead him to Blair Duron, a concrete restoration company, in 2013 where they hired him as a estimator and project manager. Blair Duron's preferred vendor, Laticrete, provides them with self-leveling, polishing and coating materials where they use these products on commercial and industrial projects all along the east coast. The RTP area keeps the company busy with upfits, Pharmaceutical shutdowns and lab renovations. Blair Duron employs 80 people and completes close to 500 jobs a year. They are best known for our responsive service and quality applications. This approach has garnered them multiple awards and continuous growth. Blair Duron has the experience to handle any of concrete or flooring needs.
- CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $35
- Student Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $15
- Credit Card during Registration
- Cash, Check or Credit Card at the Door
Parking and Meeting Information:
- Parking is free at the NC State University Alumni Center
- We will be conducting a raffle for a chance to win a $50 gift card, proceeds will go towards our scholarship funds. Ticket cost: $1 per ticket, $5 for 6 Tickets and $10 for 14 tickets. Please remember to bring cash or check; credit cards are also accepted.
Please contact Rosanna Sanchez if you have any general questions about the event or registration.
CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER
Select if currently a member of the Raleigh Durham Chapter of CSI
NON CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER
Select if not currently a member of the Raleigh Durham Chapter of CSI
Select if you are currently attending a school nearby.