Prepare For Take-Off
Time & Location
About The Event
Blue Line Aviation is a professional pilot training organization headquartered in North Carolina. The company specializes in airline and professional flight training, but offers comprehensive and accelerated training for pilots of all levels.
Blue Line will move its headquarters from Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) – where it has been located since its founding in 2012 – to Johnston County after the facility’s completion in late 2020. The new $13 million, 40,531-square-foot aviation complex will house hangar space, a restaurant and rooftop terrace, a professional pilot training center, a full-motion flight simulator room, executive and administrative offices, briefing rooms and technical services.
The rooftop restaurant, to be called Flights, will be owned and operated by Chef Nate Roby and Colleen Roby, owners of Simple Twist, which has three locations in Johnston County, along with Simple Twist Taproom in Smithfield.
As a modern-day master builder, The Bobbitt Group, Inc., family of companies provides integrated architectural design, engineering, permitting and construction – all under one roof – for owners and developers of commercial and industrial facilities. Founded in 1946 and dual headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., and Columbia, S.C., Bobbitt has delivered more than 4,000 high-quality buildings throughout the Southeast.
This presentation is approved for credit to provide 1 CDT credit as well as 1LU AIA
- Participants will learn more about the decision making process in development of a new facility for Blue Line Aviation at the Johnston County Airport. This facility includes hangar space, corporate offices, a restaurant and pilot training facilities which include a dedicated flight simulator room.
- Participants will learn about the detailing of waterproofing and pedestal paver systems utilized for two rooftop terraces.
- Participants will learn about FDA and food service equipment requirements for commercial kitchens and how these affect material selections and roof top equipment layout.
- Participants will learn about specialized equipment which facilitate pilot training and aircraft movement. (Flight simulator and top pivoting hangar doors.)
- CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Student Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Credit Card during Registration
Parking and Meeting Information:
- This event is virtual.
Please contact Robert Field if you have any general questions about the event or registration.
- CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$0$00$0
- NON CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$0$00$0