One Glenwood Tour and Program
Time & Location
About The Event
Please join us for our March program, where we will tour the new 219,500 Class A office and retail tower at the intersection of Glenwood and Hillsborough Street. One Glenwood is located at one of the highest elevations in downtown Raleigh. The property and offers close proximity to Union Station, plentiful retail and housing, and North Carolina State University. The project bridges Raleigh’s busy Warehouse District to its popular Glenwood South neighborhood. One Glenwood is slated for delivery in mid-2018. Members of the development and design team will take us through the venue and talk about how about some of the opportunities and challenges during the design and construction of this project. Ryan Blair, VP of Development and Acquisitions at Heritage Properties and Neil Gray of JDavis Architects will be our presenters and tour guides for the evening.
- Better understand the challenges of construction in an urban metro.
- Identify what key factors dictated how the design team chose the systems that were chosen, were installed, and specified.
- Better understand the project delivery process in the City of Raleigh.
- Identify key trends in modern mixed-use developments.
Ryan Blair joined Heritage Properties in 2013 and is responsible for sourcing, underwriting, and closing Acquisitions & Development investments.
Ryan graduated from North Carolina State University with a B.S. in Civil Engineering, in which he obtained Cum Laude Honors. After his undergraduate tenure, Ryan began his career as a Design Engineer for the McAdams Company in Research Triangle Park, NC. As a Design Engineer, Ryan’s main duties included commercial site development, residential site development, and the design of stormwater management solutions.
Ryan was then selected as the Parson’s fellow at Duke University’s Master of Engineering Management program. Ryan is currently a member of NAIOP, NAIOP Developing Leaders Program, and Urban Land Institute (ULI).
Neil Gray's 25+ years of experience and ability to quickly generate concepts and to envision complex solutions is evidenced by his portfolio of large-scale, urban mixed-use projects. He is a versatile designer with projects ranging from high density multi-family and mixed use projects to office buildings. Neil is a strong facilitator that encourages open dialogue which leads to design exploration and effective team collaboration. Neil is an active member of the ULI Triangle District Council, NAIOP and serves on the Board of Directors of the Downtown Raleigh Alliance. Neil has been a guest speaker at the Kenan-Flagler Business School UNC-Chapel Hill, is a member of the UNC Hospitals NCCC Family Advisory Board and has participated in several panel discussions related to commercial architecture and urban design in the Triangle region.
- CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $35
- Student Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $15
- Credit Card during Registration
- At checkout, select 'PayPal' first and then select 'Pay with Debit or Credit Card'
- Cash, Check or Credit Card at the Door
Parking and Meeting Information:
- We will only be able to accept the first 50 registrations to this event
- Parking is available in the immediate area
- Please enter lobby and proceed to 10th Floor for check-in at 5:30
- Dinner will be at 6:00-6:30
- Presentation and Tour from 6:30-8:00
Please contact Rosanna Sanchez if you have any general questions about the event or registration.
- CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$0$00$0
- NON CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$35$350$0