NCSU Plant Sciences Research Building
Time & Location
About The Event
Please join us for our December program where our guest speaker, Andrew Cherry from Flad Architects, will present and discuss the design of the NC State University's Plant Sciences Research Building. A highly collaborative, interactive environment awaits the future occupants of the NC Plant Sciences Building. A five-story, $160.2 million building that will allow North Carolina State University to bring together academic, government, and industry researchers to find solutions for some of the most pressing agricultural problems of the day, such as how to feed a global population of 9 billion by 2050. Space in the roughly 184,000-square-foot building is intended for transdisciplinary teams who together will try to solve particular challenges. Flexibility is key and with evolving technology requires an evolving space. This unique facility provides maximum potential for collaboration, interdisciplinary activities and innovation.
- Utilize design to accommodate program variability in grant-funded occupancies.
- Enumerate design considerations for rooftop greenhouse structures, including exterior maintenance.
- Utilize the planning process as a vehicle for integrating plant science ideals in facility design.
- Exemplify programming goals and sustainability features in a campus context.
Credits can be used for CDT certification renewal or AIA credit!
Andrew Cherry AIA, LEED AP BD+C, NCARBProject Architect, Flad Architects
- CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $35
- Student Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $15
- Credit Card during Registration
- Cash, Check or Credit Card at the Door
Parking and Meeting Information:
- Parking is free at the NC State University Alumni Center
Please contact Robert Field if you have any general questions about the event or registration.
- CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$0$00$0
- NON CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$35$350$0