Wed, Sep 28|
NCSU Plant Sciences Building Tour
Please join us for our first FY22/23 chapter event! Welcome back after a summer away. We are kicking off the new year with a joint event with the Triangle BEC- A tour of the new Plant Sciences building! The tour will be led by Andrew Cherry, with Flad Architects.
Time & Location
Sep 28, 2022, 11:45 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
Raleigh, 840 Oval Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
About The Event
No special attire is required for this tour. Please note the parking address across the street, listed below. We will meet in the lobby of the building.
The NC State Plant Sciences Building is a 184,000 SF, five-story, $160.2 million building that will allow North Carolina State University to bring together academic, government, and industry researchers to find solutions for some of the most pressing agricultural problems of the day, such as how to feed a global population of 9 billion by 2050. It was designed with a neighborhood concept to provide a highly collaborative, interactive environment.
For more building information, visit the architect's website.
Parking and Meeting Information:
- This event is in person. There is parking on-site across the street at the Partners Way Parking Deck, 851 Partners Way, Raleigh, NC 27606
- Credit for 1 CEU
- Learning Objective 1: The participants will be able to explain the role of Building Enclosure Commissioning Agents in the Design and Construction Process.
- Learning Objective 2: The participant will learn more about strategies for reducing leakage rates in multi-story academic research facilities.
- Learning Objective 3: The participant will be able to identify drivers and preliminary criteria for containment agricultural research spaces.
- Learning Objective 4: The participant will learn the strategies for accommodating different works styles in a research workplace.
- CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Building Enclosure Coucil members: $0
- Non-Members: $10
- Credit Card during Registration
Please contact Dean Waldrop if you have any questions about the event or registration.
CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER
Select if currently a member of the Raleigh Durham Chapter of CSI - please include AIA number$0.00
TRIANGLE BEC MEMBER
Select if currently a member of the Building Enclosure Council$0.00
Select if not currently a member of either organizations.$10.00