NCDOT Complete 540 Project Presentation
Time & Location
About The Event
This presentation will provide 1 PDH CDT credit as well as 1LU AIA (Once approved)
"The proposed Complete 540 project, also known as the Southeast Extension, would extend the Triangle Expressway from the N.C. 55 Bypass in Apex to U.S. 64/U.S. 264 (I-87) in Knightdale, completing the 540 Outer Loop around the greater Raleigh area.
Transportation, social and economic demands and mobility considerations are the basis for additional transportation infrastructure in southeastern Wake County. The Complete 540 project would link Apex, Cary, Clayton, Garner, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Raleigh.
In addition to connecting several towns and cities, the project is expected to ease congestion on area roadways, including I-440, I-40, N.C. 42, N.C. 55 and Ten Ten Road. Construction is likely to be completed in segments, and depending on available funding, each segment will likely have different construction timelines:
- N.C. 55 Bypass to U.S. 401
- U.S. 401 to I-40
- I-40 to U.S. 64/264 Bypass (I-495)"
Visit the DOT website for more information on the projects.
- The participant will learn more about the pre-construction and procurement activities required to build a large highway project and award contract(s).
- The participant will learn more about the design process and how different interchange concepts were evaluated.
- The participant will learn about acquiring the necessary right of way and the process required to gain access to parcels in order to begin construction.
- The participant will learn about project coordination and activities that occur during construction.
- CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Student Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Credit Card during Registration
Parking and Meeting Information:
- This event is virtual.
Please contact Robert Field if you have any general questions about the event or registration.
- CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$0$00$0
- NON CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$0$00$0