NCDA&CS Agricultural Sciences Center Tour
Time & Location
About The Event
In accordance with CDC guidance regarding novel coronavirus/COVID-19, this event has been postponed indefinitely. Thank you for your interest; please watch for an eventual rescheduled date.
Please join us for our March program where we will be touring the 225,000 square feet ASC laboratory building currently under construction. We will be touring in groups with the Building Enclosure Council (BEC) as well.
BYOG- bring your own gear! This is a construction site so please wear appropriate shoes and attire. We will have some additional gear available to borrow to prevent anyone from having to go purchase.
The center will contain offices and labs that perform tests for four of the department’s divisions: Food and Drug Protection, Standards, Structural Pest Control and Pesticides, and Veterinary. The building will replace four labs whose average age is more than 40 years. These labs are important to the state, and putting them in a central place will enable the department to be more effective and efficient.
- Participants will learn about the practical application and challenges of a rainscreen system with a fuid applied air barrier systems cladded with terracotta, metal panel and masonry envelope systems
- Participants will learn will learn about the practical installation of curtain wall systems in conjunction with rainscreen system and multiple cladding materials wirhin a engineered Cold Form Metal Stud exterior wall assembly
- Participants will learn about design considerations for single-ply pvc roofing over Light Weight Insulating Concrete (LWIC) roof deck as well as practical application and installation coordination
- Participants will see, first hand, the multitude of systems and considerations that go into co-locating laboratories used to safe guard the health safety and welfare of the citizens of North Carolina in regards to four Labortatory Divisions of the NC Dept of Ag. & Consumer Services; Food & Drug Protection, Standards (Metrology & Motor Fuels), Veterinary, & Structural Pest Control & Pesticides
Credits can be used for CDT certification renewal or AIA credit!
JE Dunn \ TA Loving
- CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $35
- Student Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $15
- BEC Members: $0
- Credit Card during Registration
- Cash, Check or Credit Card at the Door
Parking and Meeting Information:
Please contact Robert Field if you have any general questions about the event or registration.
- CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$0$00$0
- NON CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$35$350$0
- BEC Member$0$00$0