Tue, Nov 27|
North Carolina State University Club
NC State Agriculture and Life Science Program
Please join us for our November program where our guest speaker, James Briglia, will present and discuss the design of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture's Science Center.
Time & Location
Nov 27, 2018, 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
North Carolina State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
About The Event
Please join us for our November program where our guest speaker, James Briglia, will present and discuss the design of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture's Science Center. The North Carolina Department of Agriculture Agricultural Sciences Center represents a quantum leap forward for the State’s agricultural programs, providing offices and laboratory spaces that currently are spread out over several facilities. The project will incorporate state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, material handling, security, and office space. James Briglia will walk the attendees through the design process of dealing with state agencies to overcome programming issues and other challenges.
- Gain an inside view of the design issues involved in a large publicly-funded project.
- Be able to better understand the requirements of various user groups within the State’s Department of Agriculture, and how these are addressed by the building’s design.
- Observe several examples of unique design solutions to various owner-driven challenges.
- Learn about some of the latest technology being applied to design and construction of laboratory facilities.
James G. Briglia, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Senior Project Manager
- CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $35
- Student Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $15
- Credit Card during Registration
- Cash, Check or Credit Card at the Door
Parking and Meeting Information:
- Parking is free at the NC State University Alumni Center
Please contact Rosanna Sanchez if you have any general questions about the event or registration.
CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER
Select if currently a member of the Raleigh Durham Chapter of CSI
NON CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER
Select if not currently a member of the Raleigh Durham Chapter of CSI
Select if you are currently attending a school nearby.