Low Carbon Cement Masonry
Time & Location
About The Event
This is a one hour online educational session that can help the participants improve building project performance by lowering our carbon footprint for a better future. Participants will learn how they can specify lower carbon content concrete and masonry construction and still meet their client's project performance requirements. Portland-Limestone Cement (PLC), also referred to as Type II Cement, which is used in the manufacture of concrete and concrete masonry products, has been developed and offered as a lower carbon alternative to Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC).
This presentation is approved for credit to provide 1 CDT credit as well as 1 AIA LU/HSW
- Recognize the need for lowering our carbon footprint.
- Compare basic building systems' carbon footprint.
- Identify types of cement and project applications.
- Recognize Portland-Limestone Cement as a low carbon substitution for Type I/II Cements.
- Understand how to specify concrete and concrete masonry systems for best performance, reduced risk, and a lower carbon footprint.
- CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Student Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Credit Card during Registration
Parking and Meeting Information:
- This event is virtual.
Please contact Robert Field if you have any general questions about the event or registration.
- CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$0$00$0
- NON CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$0$00$0