Tue, Apr 23|
North Carolina State University Club
John Chavis Park & Community Center Presentation
Please join us for our April program, where there will be a presentation highlighting many of the design criteria and considerations for the new John Chavis Memorial Park and community center soon to be constructed in Raleigh, NC.
Time & Location
Apr 23, 2019, 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
North Carolina State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
About The Event
The project scope includes a new two-story community center with a full size indoor gym, elevated walking track, fitness center and numerous classroom and meeting spaces. A renovation to the original Carousel House will allow for interior event space, and exterior bathroom access. Linking these two buildings together will be a new central plaza with integrated water feature, and a large playground for all ages and abilities.
The Schematic Design was presented to the Raleigh Parks, Recreation, and Greenway Advisory Board on March 16, 2017, and was approved by the Raleigh City Council on March 21, 2017. The project moved into final design, project administration, and permitting phases which were ultimately completed in December 2018.
- Participants will learn about the application of a storefront building envelope system that utilizes specific intermediate steel components to address span requirements for the project.
- Participants will learn how the project is sited and construction planned to minimize disturbance and operation of existing public community center.
- Participants will learn about concrete masonry form wall systems and why it was specifically selected to provide the structural masonry and veneer walls.
- Participants will see the unique application of sunshades combined with art glass and how it will contribute to reduced mechanical loads on the project.
Emily Morgan - Clearscapes
Corey Baughman- Clearscapes
- CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $35
- Student Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $15
- Credit Card during Registration - Please select Paypal first and then choose pay with credit card.
- Cash, Check or Credit Card at the Door
Parking and Meeting Information:
- Parking is free at the NC State University Alumni Center
- We will be conducting a raffle for a chance to win a $50 gift card, proceeds will go towards our scholarship funds. Ticket cost: $1 per ticket, $5 for 6 Tickets and $10 for 14 tickets. Please remember to bring cash or check; credit cards are also accepted.
Please contact Rosanna Sanchez if you have any general questions about the event or registration.
CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER
Select if currently a member of the Raleigh Durham Chapter of CSI$0.00
NON CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER
Select if not currently a member of the Raleigh Durham Chapter of CSI$35.00
Select if you are currently attending a school nearby.$15.00