Bull City Co-Housing Project Presentation
Time & Location
About The Event
Please join us for our November program where our guest speaker, Andy Goolsby from Weinstein Friedlein Architects, will present and discuss the design criteria and considerations for the new Bull City Co-Housing Project that will soon be built in downtown Durham, NC.
Bull City Commons is a diverse urban cohousing community guided by kindness, respect, and mutual support with goals of creating an oasis of individual and community well-being. Their five-story cohousing condominium community in central Durham, NC, is within walking distance of a vital cafe and shopping district, a university campus, and public transit. Indoor spaces are designed to be open and airy, blending with our woods-and-gardens environment, with indoor and outdoor spaces that support privacy, group activities, and neighborhood interaction.
- Participants will learn about urban infrastructure constraints that created design challenges that were overcome to meet the specific programming needs of the owner.
- Participants will learn about the structural system of the building and why specific materials were chosen and located for optimal performance.
- Participants will learn about the considerations designed into the project for future expansion of a sustainable power source.
- Participants will learn about unique plumbing and electrical systems in the building that utilizes a shared source concept.
Andy Goolsby, AIA, LEED - Weinstein Friedlein Architects:
Andy holds a bachelor’s of architecture degree from Virginia Tech where he was honored for his study of religious architecture in the urban environment. In pursuit of a career in architecture, he spent several years in related fields including construction management and furniture building. He also worked internationally, and for a North Carolina engineer doing construction drawings. Andy stays involved in a wide-range of architecture design competitions both locally and international. When he isn’t at the office, you may find him taking joy in the sights and sounds of bluegrass music.
- CSI RDU Chapter Members: $0
- Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $35
- Student Non CSI RDU Chapter Members: $15
- Credit Card during Registration
- Cash, Check or Credit Card at the Door
Parking and Meeting Information:
- Parking is free at the NC State University Club
- We will be conducting a raffle for a chance to win a $50 gift card, proceeds will go towards our scholarship funds. Ticket cost: $1 per ticket, $5 for 6 Tickets and $10 for 14 tickets. Please remember to bring cash or check; credit cards are also accepted.
Please contact Robert Field if you have any general questions about the event or registration.
- CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$0$00$0
- NON CSI-RDU CHAPTER MEMBER$35$350$0